Information for faculty and staff
VCU employment opportunities
- Personal Data Form
- Direct deposit form
- Federal income tax withholding (Form W-4)
- State income tax withholding (Form VA-4)
For new hires
New faculty and staff should take the following steps upon arrival to VCU’s School of Dentistry:
- Get your VCUCard
The VCUCard is VCU’s official identification card for employees, affiliates and students. Call the VCUCard office at (804) 827-2273 to make sure your ID card has been processed before going to pick it up. See the VCUCard website for office locations and hours. Remember to bring a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- Obtain your VCU eID
Your eID allows you to use many VCU electronic services and Web applications, including email. Keep in mind that you only need two out of three pieces of information to obtain an eID. Visit the VCU eID Finder to obtain your eID and set your password.
- Complete HIPAA, OSHA, and Compliance Education regulatory training
New hires are required to complete HIPAA and OSHA training and all employees are required to complete training on an annual basis. For complete information, log in to the intranet. If you have questions, contact Compliance Officer Reid Burns, or Rebecca Pousson.
To complete HIPAA, OSHA, and Compliance Education training:
- Sign into Blackboard
- Under “My Courses,” find “HIPAA and OSHA Dental School Training.” If you do not see the course listed, please try again within three days of your actual hire date. The department or human resources might be waiting on further information in order to generate your eID, or they are waiting for the Blackboard administrator to enroll you the training.
- Under the “Courses ” tab, type in “Compliance Education ” in the course search field. Next to the Course ID are down arrows. Click on the down arrows to enroll. The course will show up in your “My Courses ” for completion.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your name and department stating that you have passed the training tests.
- Access your VCU email account
Your email address will be automatically generated. You can check your VCU email from any computer with Internet access by visiting the Apps for VCU website .
- Access the myVCU portal and eServices
The myVCU portal is a one-stop location for many online services at VCU, including eServices. eServices (also called “VCU Self Service”) allows faculty to assign early alert and final grades to students in their classes; allows students to search for classes, check their schedule and register for courses; and allows employees to check their pay stubs, view their cumulative deductions and update personal information on the Web. Access the myVCU portal and log in with your VCU eID and password. Click the “eServices/VCU Self Service” link under the “General Resources” section on the left side.
- Set up your dentistry computer accounts
Depending on your job function, you may be given access to accounts specific to the VCU School of Dentistry, including an individual computer workstation account, a Axium clinical system account or other computer access. The Office of Information Technology will work with your supervisor in establishing these accounts.
- View STARS video
VCU School of Dentistry and Dentistry@VCU are committed to the values of Service, Teamwork, Attitude, Respect and Stewardship. We have established a program that recognizes employees who have demonstrated STARS qualities above and beyond normal expectations. Please view the STARS nomination form to learn more about values embedded in our school.
- Read the VCU Code of Conduct