Bhavna Shroff, D.D.S., M.D.Sc., M.P.A.
Postgraduate program director
Lyons Dental Building
520 North 12th Street
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0566
Phone: (804) 828-9326
Fax: (804) 828-5789
- M.P.A., Virginia Commonwealth University, 2008
- M.D.Sc., University of Connecticut, 1989
- Certificate in Orthodontics, University of Connecticut, 1989
- D.D.S., Université Paris V René Descartes, 1982
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
Dr. Bhavna Shroff, a native of Paris, France got her dental degree at University Paris V Rene-Descartes. She practiced general dentistry for three years and was a part-time instructor at the University Paris V Rene-Descartes, Dental School. She completed a master’s degree in human biology prior to joining the orthodontic residency program at the University of Connecticut, where she obtained her certificate in orthodontics and Master of Dental Sciences. Dr. Shroff was a faculty member in the Department of Orthodontics at the University of Maryland, Baltimore from 1989 to 2002. She currently serves as a professor at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Dr. Shroff has lectured extensively in the U.S. and in Europe. She is a member of the AAO Committee on Scientific Affairs and an officer of the North Atlantic Component of the Angle Society. Dr. Shroff’s research interests have focused on the fundamental mechanisms of tooth eruption, and she has successfully attracted intramural and extramural funding from NIDR and the AAOF. Dr. Shroff is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and a fellow of the American College of Dentists.
- Biology of tooth movement
- Tooth development and eruption
- Orthodontic appliance design and biomechanics
- Evaluation access to orthodontic care through Medicaid
- Practice management
- Evaluation of the orthodontic curriculum design and postgraduate education