Faculty and staff directory
David R. Burns, D.M.D.
- Certificate in Prosthodontics, Emory University, 1985
- D.M.D., Oregon Health Sciences University, 1980
- B.S. in Chemistry, Lewis and Clark College, 1976
- American Board of Prosthodontics
Dr. David R. Burns graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree in chemistry from Lewis and Clark College. He received his D.M.D. degree in 1980 from the University of Oregon Health Sciences Center School of Dentistry. He completed a one-year dental general practice residency with the United States Public Health Service in 1981 and his Prosthodontic specialty training at Emory University School of Dentistry in Atlanta in 1985.
Dr. Burns is actively involved in Prosthodontic research and has published articles on a wide variety of topics associated with Prosthodontics. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics and a Fellow in the American College of Prosthodontists. Dr. Burns maintains a part-time private practice in prosthodontics.
- Implant overdenture treatment
- Restoration of endodontically treated teeth.
Burns DR, Unger JW, Coffey JP, Waldrop TC, Elswick RK, Jr. Randomized, prospective, clinical evaluation of prosthodontic modalities for mandibular implant overdenture treatment. J Prosthet Dent. 2011;106:12-22