George R. Deeb, D.D.S., M.D.
Associate professor and director of graduate and undergraduate implant programs
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Lyons Dental Building
520 North 12th Street
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0566
Phone: (804) 628-6637
Fax: (804) 827-1040
- Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oregon Health Sciences University, 2001
- M.D., Oregon Health Sciences University, 1999
- D.D.S., University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1995
- B.S., University of Colorado, 1993
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dental implant surgery
- Dentoalveolar surgery including removal of wisdom teeth
- Oral pathology
- Facial trauma and reconstructive surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Felloow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, Academy of Wilderness Medicine
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Virginia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Dr. George R. Deeb earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, graduating in 1995. Continuing his education at Oregon Health Sciences University, he earned is Doctor of Medicine and completed a residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Highly engaged in his profession, Dr. Deeb has published articles and book chapters, as well as lectured at national and international meetings. In 1999, the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons honored Dr. Deeb with a Recognition of Outstanding Contribution to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Continuing Education.
Prior to coming to VCU he was a partner in a group practice in Tuscson, Arizona. Dr. Deeb enjoys spending time with his wife and two children. He is an avid mountaineer and enjoys glass casting and fusing in his spare time.
Deeb GR, Yih WY, Merrill RG, Lundeen RC. Noma: A Report of a Case Resulting in Bony Ankylosis of the Maxilla and Mandible. Dento Maxillo
Facial Radiology 1999; 11: 11-15.
Deeb GR, Dierks E, So YT. Sensory Nerve Conduction Study of the Mental Nerve. Muscle and Nerve 2000; 23: 1121-1124
Deeb GR, Le BT, Ueeck BA, Dierks EJ. Use of upper-lid blepharoplasty full-thickness skin for peri-implant keratinized tissue grafting: a report of 2 cases. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2001 Oct
Deeb GR, Dierks E. Trauma to the Ear. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Knowledge Updates Vol. 1112001.
Deeb GR, Dierks E. Ear Nose and Throat Infections. Topazian's Oral and Maxillofacial Infections Fourth Edition, W.B. Saunders,2002.