Faculty and staff directory"1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
Steven J. Lindauer, D.M.D., M.D.Sc.
- Certificate in Orthodontics, University of Connecticut, 1989
- M.D.Sc. in Orthodontics, University of Connecticut, 1989
- D.M.D., University of Connecticut, 1986
- B.A. in Biology, University of Pennsylvania, 1982
- B.A. in English, University of Pennsylvania, 1982
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Editor, The Angle Orthodontist
Dr. Steven J. Lindauer graduated cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor’s degree in 1982. He attended the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, earning a D.M.D. in 1986, and a Master of Science in Dentistry as well as a certificate in the specialty of orthodontics in 1989. From there, Dr. Lindauer joined the faculty of Virginia Commonwealth University, where he currently serves as the Norborne Muir Professor and chair of the Department of Orthodontics. Dr. Lindauer is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. He is a past-president of the North Atlantic component of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists, and is executive secretary of the Medical College of Virginia Orthodontic Education and Research Foundation. He is the editor of The Angle Orthodontist, an international orthodontic journal. Dr. Lindauer has published more than 70 scientific research articles and book chapters.
- Orthodontic biomechanics
- Orthodontic clinical research
- Jaw function