Faculty and staff directory
Eser Tufekci, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., M.S.H.A.
- M.S. in Health Administration, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2013
- Certificate in Orthodontics, University of Minnesota, 2002
- Ph.D. in Biomaterials and Oral Biology, The Ohio State University, 1998
- M.S. in Dental Materials, The Ohio State University, 1993
- D.D.S., University of Istanbul, 1989
- American Board of Orthodontics
Dr. Eser Tüfekçi, a native of Istanbul, Turkey, received her dental degree from the University of Istanbul in 1989. Dr. Tüfekçi continued her career at the Ohio State University earning a Master of Science in Dental Materials degree in 1993. She then earned her Ph.D. in Oral Biology in 1998 from OSU with a dissertation titled “Microscopic, crystallographic and adherence properties of plasma sprayed calcium phosphate coatings on Ti-6Al-4V.” Dr. Tüfekçi received her certificate in orthodontics in 2002 from the University of Minnesota. She has taught as a full-time faculty member in Virginia Commonwealth University’s Department of Orthodontics since August 2002. Her research interests include biomaterials and biomechanics of orthodontic tooth movement. Dr. Tüfekçi is the recipient of 2004-05 Orthodontic Junior Faculty Development Award of the American Association of Orthodontists Foundation. She is currently an associate professor.
- Fluoride release from polymers
- Development of a bioactive glass containing novel orthodontic bonding agent a calcium and phosphate releasing ability
- Orthodontic materials
- Clinical orthodontics