John C. Gunsolley, D.D.S., M.S.
Wood Memorial Building
521 North 11th Street
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0566
Phone: (804) 828-4869
Fax: (804) 828-0657
- M.S. in Biostatistics, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1987
- Certificate in Periodontics, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1986
- D.D.S., Indiana University, 1976
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, General Motors Institute (now Kettering University), 1972
- American Board of Periodontology
Dr. Gunsolley’s academic career started at VCU in 1984 and he rose to the rank of professor in 1997. During his career, he has participated in more than 30 funded grants and authored 97 papers and 72 abstracts. He received the Periodontal Clinical Research Award three times and the Robinson Regeneration Award in 1998 from the American Academy of Periodontology. He has served as a statistical reviewer for the Journal of Periodontology and is currently the statistical adviser for Journal of Clinical Periodontology.
The focus of Dr. Gunsolley’s research has been the design and analysis of periodontal clinical trials. He has authored or co-authored articles in every field of dentistry and most aspects of periodontology.
- Dental clinical research methodology
- Interactions between periodontal infection and systemic diseases
- Over-the-counter dental products and their efficacy