S. Esra Sahingur, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
Wood Memorial Building
521 North 11th Street
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0566
Phone: (804) 827-1710
Fax: (804) 828-0657
- Ph.D. in Immunology, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2004
- Certificate in Periodontics, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2004
- M.S. in Microbiology, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1998
- D.D.S., Istanbul University, 1994
Dr. Sahingur received her dental degree from Istanbul University, Turkey in 1994. She then continued her academic career at the State University of New York at Buffalo and received an M.S. in Microbiology in 1998, and a Ph.D. in Immunology and a specialty certificate in Periodontics in 2004.
Dr. Sahingur joined the VCU Department of Periodontics in October 2006 as a full-time assistant professor. Her research interests include host-pathogen interactions and genetic susceptibility to periodontal diseases, as well as periodontal diseases interactions with systemic diseases.
- Genetic susceptibility for periodontal disease
- Role of immune and inflammatory mediators and host-pathogen interactions in periodontal disease pathogenesis
- Molecular markers that may link periodontal inflammation with systemic diseases