Thomas C. Waldrop, D.D.S., M.S.
Professor and director, graduate periodontics
Wood Memorial Building
521 North 11th Street
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0566
Phone: (804) 828-4867
Fax: (804) 828-0657
- M.S. in Periodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 1978
- Certificate in Periodontics, Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center, San Antonio, 1978
- D.D.S., Virginia Commonwealth University, 1973
- B.S., University of Georgia, 1969
- American Board of Periodontology
Dr. Waldrop is a professor and director of postdoctoral periodontics in the VCU Department of Periodontics. He received his D.D.S. from VCU and his M.S. and specialty training in periodontics from the University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, and Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas, respectively.
Dr. Waldrop is a diplomate and past director and chairman of the American Board of Periodontology. Prior to coming to VCU, he served in the U.S. Air Force and retired as a colonel with military honors. Dr. Waldrop is nationally recognized for his dental research and has lectured extensively. He has published more than 30 research articles and book chapters. He is an avid triathlete and duathlete, competing in both the Ironman and Duathlon World Championships. He maintains an active private practice in periodontics and dental implants.
- Guided bone regeneration
- Guided tissue regeneration and dental occlusion (as it relates to periodontal disease and treatment)
Burns DR, Unger JW, Coffey JP, Waldrop TC, Elswick RK, Jr. Randomized, prospective, clinical evaluation of prosthodontic modalities for mandibular implant overdenture treatment. J Prosthet Dent. 2011;106:12-22