- Apply through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service(AADSAS). AADSAS, a service of the American Dental Education Association, is an online centralized application service for students.
- Each student will be assigned an AADSAS number
- For more information, visit:
- Submit three (3) letters of Recommendation through AADSAS
- Two letters from life science professors who have had the candidate as a student
- One letter from a dentist practicing in the U.S. or Canada who knows the candidate's professional abilities through shadowing or volunteer work
Letters of recommendation and official transcripts should be sent directly to AADSAS.
- Pay our application fee of $80 directly to Virginia Commonwealth University, which is separate from that of AADSAS
- Pay online to avoid any delays in the application process
- Alternatively, submit a check by mail
- You must include full legal name and AADSAS ID number if mailing items to our office
Please submit your AADSAS application before submitting your application fee.
|Important dates for applicants|
||Earliest date to submit AADSAS applications
||Priority review deadline
||Beginning of the AADSAS Academic Update period
||Priority Academic Update submission deadline
||Deadline to take or retake the DAT and have VCU consider the score during this cycle
||End of interview cycle
|Important dates for accepted applicants|
||Deadline for submission of social security numbers for financial aid consideration
||Deadline to release Certiphi criminal background check
||Deadline for final bachelors degree transcripts showing degree conferral to arrive in our office
We highly recommend for students to check their “status” on the application tool bar or email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.