- Apply through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service(AADSAS). AADSAS, a service of the American Dental Education Association, is an online centralized application service for students.
- Submit three (3) letters of Recommendation through AADSAS
- Two letters from life science professors who have had the candidate as a student
- One letter from a dentist practicing in the U.S. or Canada who knows the candidate's professional abilities through shadowing or volunteer work
Letters of recommendation and official transcripts should be sent directly to AADSAS.
- Pay our application fee of $80 directly to Virginia Commonwealth University, which is separate from that of AADSAS
- Pay online to avoid any delays in the application process
- Alternatively, submit a check by mail
- You must include full legal name and AADSAS ID number if mailing items to our office
Please submit your AADSAS application before submitting your application fee.
|Important dates for applicants|
|June 1||Earliest date to submit AADSAS applications|
|Sept. 1||Priority review deadline|
|Mid-November||Beginning of the AADSAS Academic Update period|
|Dec. 1*||Deadline to take or retake the DAT and have VCU consider the score during this cycle|
|Jan. 1||Application submission deadline|
|Mid-February||Ending of the AADSAS Academic Update period|
|April 1||End of interview cycle|
* The earliest DAT taken must be no more than three years prior to the Dec. 1 deadline
|Important dates for accepted applicants|
|May 1||Deadline for submission of social security numbers for financial aid consideration|
|June 1||Deadline to release Certiphi criminal background check|
|July 1||Deadline for final bachelors degree transcripts showing degree conferral to arrive in our office|